Employees cleaning up the platforms at the Tirupati railway station.|Photo Credit: SpecialArrangement
A fortnight-long unique tidiness drive ‘Swachh Pakhwada 2020’ began on the Tirupati train station premises on Wednesday, accompanying the Swachh Bharat effort.
Authorities took up clearing the platforms and the train tracks as part of the program and later on planted saplings to boost greenery. A pledge was administered by senior officials to the team member, who took a vow to realise the dreams of Mahatma Gandhi to guarantee a clean and green India. The staff members also chose to take the cleanliness message across to the public.
Sign Up For Early Morning Filter & Evening Wrap newsletter
- Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial group.
- Comments that are violent, personal, incendiary or unimportant can not be released.
- Please write total sentences. Do not type comments in all uppercase, or in all lower case letters, or using shortened text. (example: u can not replacement for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
- We might remove links within comments.
- Please utilize a real e-mail ID and offer your name, to prevent rejection.
© THG PUBLISHING PVT LTD.