The best tech deals on Cyber Monday 2020: Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, and more
- Cyber Monday 2019 is just around the corner. It falls on December 2 this year, but it’s never too early to start planning.
- Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and the rest of your favorite retailers will all be slashing prices on some of their bestselling gadgets.
- Bookmark this page to stay updated on all the latest Cyber Monday tech deals.
It’s that time of year again: Fastidious shoppers are already planning for Cyber Monday 2019. If you’re skipping out on Black Friday this year, or want to get some extra discounts after the weekend, you should be able to find some great deals on the gadgets you want from Amazon, Apple, Best Buy, and wherever else you like to shop.
We rounded up the best Cyber Monday tech deals from last year, so you’ll have an idea of what to expect this year. We’ll be updating this page as new discounts roll out, so be sure to check back.
When is Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday starts December 2, the Monday after Thanksgiving. We expect a good number of Cyber Monday deals to run through the first week of December.
How do I get the most out of Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday is the online version of Black Friday. Throughout the day (and in the days prior), online retailers will be selling all sorts of products at massive discounts that you won’t find the rest of the year. It’s one of the best days of the year to buy tech, depending on what devices you’re looking for.
Based on our experience, these are our best Cyber Monday shopping tips:
- Research what you need. It’s easy to be tempted by snazzy-looking deals. But even though you’re shopping for discounts, you still don’t want to waste money on junk; you want tech that suits your needs, and tech that will last. We recommend figuring out what new devices you need well in advance of Cyber Monday, and reading reviews to find the model that’s best for you. Take a look at retailers’ Cyber Monday ads from last year to get an idea of what might be on sale this year.
- Find the best price. You don’t want to make a purchase from Walmart, only to find out that Target had the same product for $20 cheaper. Once you’ve decided to buy something, make sure you’ve found the retailer that’s offering it for the best price. Use a price-comparison engine such as ShopSavvy or PriceGrabber, or a tracker such as Camelcamelcamel.
- Shop safely. With so many folks shopping, Cyber Monday is a gold mine for scammers. Make sure to only purchase from retailers you trust, use a strong password for all of your shopping accounts, and don’t click on sketchy links – especially from unfamiliar emails.
- Be prepared for a weird schedule. Some Cyber Monday deals are released in very limited quantities, and can be gone in minutes – or even seconds. And on such a busy day as Cyber Monday, it’s not uncommon for products to sell out. To make sure you get the deal you want, you should plan to take advantage of popular deals as soon as possible after their release. The good news is that most outlets will release their upcoming deals well ahead of Cyber Monday, so you can plan ahead (and set an alarm if need be). And make sure you’re following major retailers on social media, or subscribed to their newsletters, so you’ll hear about their newest discounts as they drop.
- Know what NOT to buy. The weekend after Thanksgiving is a great time to buy a lot of tech products – but not all tech products. The biggest consumer gadgets (particularly smartphones) tend to see their biggest discounts on Black Friday, rather than Cyber Monday. Other tech to steer clear of: TVs (you’ll get lower prices in December and January), DSLR cameras (these get their biggest discounts in February), and kids’ toys (you’ll see better sales leading up to Christmas).
What stores are having Cyber Monday deals?
Hundreds of stores participate in Cyber Monday, from the biggest retailers to niche startups. Stores with the best Cyber Monday deals often include:
In the past, Cyber Monday has been a great time to buy products from big tech names, including Amazon, Google, Samsung, Sony, and Microsoft, for hundreds of dollars off. Other manufacturers, such as Apple and Sonos, tend to offer more modest discounts – but these companies don’t have as many sales the rest of the year (and third-party retailers will likely offer deals on their products).
Bookmark this page to stay updated on all the latest news on Cyber Monday tech deals.
We’ll be updating this page from now through the end of Cyber Monday to bring you the best discounts we can find across the web. While you’re waiting, here are some of the best Cyber Monday tech deals from last year – we expect that most of these products will receive discounts again in 2019.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at [email protected]
(the headline, this story has not been published by Important India News staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)