Spike continues in Malappuram
The spike in COVID-19 cases continued in Malappuram district on Saturday when 1,519 people tested positive for the virus. As many as 1,445 of them were found to have contracted the disease through local contacts.
District officials said there were 22 cases without an identifiable source of infection. Fifteen health workers were infected. While 30 new patients came from other States, seven came from abroad.
The number of active cases in the district crossed 9,600. There were 49,196 people in quarantine. Officials said 513 people recovered from the disease on Saturday.
Subscribe to Morning Filter & Evening Wrap newsletter
- Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
- Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
- Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters, or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text. (example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
- We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
- Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.
Printable version | Oct 18, 2020 1: 14: 05 AM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/kerala/spike-continues-in-malappuram/article32884092.ece
© THG PUBLISHING PVT LTD.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
(the headline, this story has not been published by Important India News staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)