Sonu Sood “A Habitual Wrongdoer,” Civic Body Tells High Court
Sonu Sood in his plea had declared that he had actually not carried out any prohibited construction (File)
Bollywood actor Sonu Sood is a “habitual transgressor” who keeps carrying out unauthorised building work in a property structure in suburban Juhu regardless of demolition action started on two events in the past, the Mumbai civic body mentioned in its affidavit filed in the Bombay High Court on Tuesday.
The affidavit was submitted in reaction to the petition filed by Mr Sood recently challenging a notice released versus him by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) in October last year and an order passed by a civil court in December 2020 dismissing his fit versus the notice.
In its notice, the BMC had actually alleged that Mr Sood performed structural changes in the six-storey residential building “Shakti Sagar” and was transforming it into a business hotel.
” The appellant is a habitual offender and desires to delight in the business proceeds of the unauthorised work and for that reason when again began reconstructing the destroyed portion in order to make it operational as a hotel albeit unlawfully and without permission from the License department,” the civic body said in the affidavit.
According to the affidavit, Mr Sood was attempting to safeguard an “ex-facie unlawful commercial hotel which has been built and modified by the appellant (Sood) contrary to the sanctioned building strategy”.
” The appellant has actually not been given consent for change of user of the said property from property to business and there is no license to run the commercial hotel,” the affidavit stated.
It added that Mr Sood had actually looked for umbrage under baseless and unwarranted accusations of harassment and malafides.
” The appellant, who has totally modified an entire building unauthorisedly into a hotel, is running the same without a license,” the community corporation stated.
The BMC stated preliminary action was initiated versus the illegal construction in September 2018 however Mr Sood continued the building and construction work.
On November 12, 2018, demolition of the unauthorised work was performed.
” Such is the audacity of the appellant that he as soon as again began alterations and reconstructed the destroyed part. Therefore, the BMC once again took action of demolition on February 14, 2020,” the affidavit stated.
It stated Mr Sood had no documents to even indicate that he or his spouse Sonali Sood are the owners of the stated structure.
The petition will be heard on Wednesday by Justice Prithviraj Chavan.
The high court on Monday extended till Wednesday the civil court’s order limiting the BMC from taking a coercive action versus the alleged prohibited construction.
Mr Sood in his plea had declared that he had actually not performed any prohibited or unauthorised building and construction in the six-storey Shakti Sagar structure.
” The petitioner (Sood) has actually not made any changes in the building that necessitates approval from the BMC. Just those changes that are permitted under the Maharashtra Regional and Town Planning (MRTP) Act have been done,” Mr Sood’s advocate Amogh Singh had actually argued.
The petition had actually requested the court to quash and set aside the notice issued by the BMC in October, 2020, and likewise looked for an interim relief to not take any coercive action against the star.
Mr Sood, who is understood for his functions in films like “Dabangg”, “Jodha Akbar” and “Simmba”, entered into spotlight in 2020 for his philanthropy work in helping migrants reach their houses throughout the COVID-19 lockdown.
( Except for the headline, this story has not been modified by NDTV staff and is released from a syndicated feed.)
CLICK ON THIS LINK TO READ MORE
( the heading, this story has not been released by Important India News personnel and is released from a syndicated feed.).