No Choice So Far on Reopening Monuments in Maharashtra: Govt
Shiv Sena chief and Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray (Image: PTI)
An association of traveler guides in Aurangabad on Friday composed to Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, demanding that monuments, like the world well-known Ajanta and Ellora caves and others, here be resumed for visitors as the shutdown due to COVID-19 has actually brought lots of to the edge of “hunger”.
- Last Updated: November 15, 2020, 15: 10 IST
- FOLLOW US ON:
The Maharashtra government has not taken a decision up until now on resuming monuments for travelers, Minister of State for Tourist Aditi Tatkare said on Sunday.
An association of traveler guides in Aurangabad on Friday composed to Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, demanding that monuments, like the world well-known Ajanta and Ellora caverns and others, here be reopened for visitors as the shutdown due to COVID-19 has brought many to the brink of “hunger”.
When called, Aditi Tatkare told PTI, “I will not have the ability to state anything about this as this is a choice of the chief minister. A choice on opening traveler sites is yet not taken.” Aurangabad Collector Sunil Chavan stated he has actually met a number of individuals who are reliant on tourism for their bread and butter.
” They are dealing with problems trouble and even the hotel market here has actually required that monoliths be resumed. The district administration is preparing a proposal for this and it will be sent to the state federal government,” he said.
The Archeological Survey of India’s (ASI) Aurangabad circle is likewise preparing to compose to the state government over the issue. “We are prepared for resuming the monuments and authorization of the state is awaited. Our workplace will write a letter to the state federal government quickly,” an ASI official here said.
After the state federal government’s decision to open spiritual places of worship, All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul- Muslimeen (AIMIM) Lok Sabha member from Aurangabad Imtiaz Jaleel in a tweet on Saturday said he hopes now the federal government takes a decision to open all historic locations. “Individuals head out to travel but refraining from doing so considering that all monoliths shut. Again illogical.! Its having significant influence on travel and hotel industry,” he tweeted.
( the headline, this story has not been released by Essential India News personnel and is published from a syndicated feed.).