Nashik: NCP leader Sanjay Shinde burnt alive after car catches fire due to short circuit
The incident happened on Tuesday evening in Nashik near the Pimpalgaon Baswant toll plaza on the Mumbai-Agra Highway.
File photo only for representation
In a tragic incident, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Sanjay Shinde was killed after his car caught fire and he was burnt alive.
The incident happened on Tuesday evening in Nashik near the Pimpalgaon Baswant toll plaza on the Mumbai-Agra Highway. The cause of the fire is said to be short circuit in the wiring.
The NCP leader, who is a grape exporter, was on his way to buy pesticides for his orchard in Nashik, a leading wine manufacturing hub. The car developed a snag near the overbridge on River Kadva and caught fire.
Locals informed that the short circuit caused a spark which led to the highly flammable hand sanitiser kept in the car to catch fire. The fire activated the central locking system of the vehicle, leaving the doors jammed.
Shinde tried to break open to windows after he was stuck inside the car but couldn’t get successful as the fire spread quickly. He was burnt alive inside the vehicle. News reports said that villagers called the fire brigade and tried to save Shinde but it was too late.
Only after the fire brigade doused the flames, Shinde was identified.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
(the headline, this story has not been published by Important India News staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)