Male fined and ostracised for offering haircut to SCs
The scourge of social boycott and casteism has actually raised its ugly head in a village in Nanjangud taluk of Mysuru district. A barber supposedly provided a hairstyle to members of the Scheduled Castes neighborhood in Hallare village in the taluk and this has incensed the other villagers.
The victim of the social boycott, Mallikarjun Shetty, stated that he had been fined and ostracised. He told presspersons in Nanjangud that the village headmen did not desire him to provide the hairstyle but he disregarded it and adhered to federal government orders.
Sign Up For Morning Filter & Evening Wrap newsletter
- Remarks will be moderated by The Hindu editorial group.
- Comments that are violent, individual, incendiary or irrelevant can not be released.
- Please write total sentences. Do not type remarks in all capital letters, or in all lower case letters, or utilizing shortened text. (example: u can not substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
- We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
- Please utilize a genuine email ID and offer your name, to avoid rejection.
Printable variation|Nov 20, 2020 7: 34: 25 AM|https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/karnataka/man-fined-and-ostracised-for-offering-haircut-to-scs/article33138102 ece.
© THG PUBLISHING PVT LTD.
CLICK ON THIS LINK TO FIND OUT MORE
( the heading, this story has actually not been published by Crucial India News personnel and is published from a syndicated feed.).