5 family members, five party cadre can be present, says Chief Secretary.
A government order issued by Chief Secretary K. Shanmugam said that up to five household members of the late leaders and up to 5 individuals from signed up political parties would be enabled to offer floral tributes to leaders’ statues.
So far, throughout the lockdown, only District Collectors were allowed to use flower tributes to the statues on unique celebrations such as the leader’s birth and death anniversaries.
Register For Morning Filter & Evening Wrap newsletter
- Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
- Comments that are abusive, individual, incendiary or unimportant can not be published.
- Please write total sentences. Do not type remarks in all capital letters, or in all lower case letters, or using shortened text. (example: u can not substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
- We might get rid of links within remarks.
- Please use a real email ID and offer your name, to avoid rejection.
© THG PUBLISHING PVT LTD.