Jobs alert! Labour ministry likely to give shape to THIS policy by Dec – All you need to know
The document is expected to aid work generation in the country to a terrific extent when the nation is grappling with the concern of task loss.
Ministry of Labour and Employment is likely to offer a shape to the National Employment Policy (NEP) by December this year following conclusion of 4 significant studies, consisting of one on migrant workers, and the implementation of 4 labour codes.
The NEP will draw a broad roadway map for improving job opportunities, generally by various initiatives like skill advancement, bringing investment in employment-intensive sectors and other policy interventions.
National Employment Policy (NEP)
– Parliament in 2020 passed three labour codes on Industrial Relations, Social Security and Occupational Health Security & Working Conditions (OSH).
– The Code on Earnings was approved last year and its rules have been made, but they have actually not been carried out yet because the government desired to carry out all four labour codes in one go.
– These four codes are likely to be carried out from April 1 this year.
– The application of these 4 labour codes would supply a favorable legal structure for universalisation of social security and other safeguards for the entire labor force of over 50 crore in the nation.
– But for task production, a broad National Work Policy would be required to exploit the capacity of each segment of various sectors of the economy.
– This would need updated data on work throughout the sectors in the nation. This gap would be bridged by the 4 work studies to be carried out by the Labour Bureau.
– According to a report in PTI, Director General, Labour Bureau, DS Negi said that the bureau has started spadework on the 4 surveys and fieldwork would start by March and the results would be out by October-end this year just. He said the NEP would take a shape based upon the information inputs of these four studies by December this year only.
The NEP would then be sent for the Union Cabinet approval. The document is anticipated to aid work generation in the nation to a fantastic extent, particularly when the federal government is coming to grips with the problem of job loss particularly due to the pandemic.
CLICK ON THIS LINK TO LEARN MORE
( the headline, this story has actually not been published by Essential India News personnel and is published from a syndicated feed.).