Indian, Chinese soldiers clash at Naku La in Sikkim
The occurrence happened as Indian soldiers stopped a Chinese patrolling celebration in the area. (Representational)
Even as India and China are included in a military standoff in eastern Ladakh considering that May, soldiers from both sides were included in a clash in Naku La in Sikkim on January 18.
While details of any injuries are not yet offered, sources pointed out that some troops sustained small injuries during the brawl. The occurrence occurred as Indian troops stopped a Chinese patrolling celebration in the area.
Army said in a declaration: “It is clarified that there was a minor face-off at Nakula area of North Sikkim on 20 January 2021 and the exact same was solved by local commanders as per established protocols.”
There had actually been a similar brawl in Naku La in May last year, not long after the troops had actually clashed on the north bank of Pangong Tso in early May. On May 9 in 2015, the troops were associated with a brawl in the Naku La sector that had actually led to soldiers injured on both sides.
Indian and Chinese soldiers had clashed again, ten days later in eastern Ladakh, and ever since the militaries from both sides are involved in a standoff in the region. Soldiers are locked in an eyeball-to-eyeball circumstance, separated by just a few hundred meters at numerous heights on the north bank of Pangong Tso and in the Chushul sub-sector
Senior military leaders from both sides had actually satisfied for the ninth time on Sunday The conference, which had actually begun after 10 am, lasted for more than 15 hours and ended at 2: 30 am on Monday morning, sources stated.
There is no official word from the government about the result of the meeting. Nevertheless, sources had actually discussed earlier that while China has actually shown desire to draw back its soldiers from the friction areas, the two sides have not reached an agreement on the details of the process of disengagement.
Both sides have around 50,000 troops each in the area, in addition to additional artillery, tanks and air defence properties.
Sources within the military facility have actually mentioned earlier that the defence forces are alert for China trying to open another front in the northeast, even as the stalemate in eastern Ladakh continues.
Speaking at his yearly interview on January 12, ahead of Army Day, Army Chief General MM Naravane had mentioned that “it is not just the Eastern Ladakh however we have actually kept a high state of awareness all along the northern borders currently, keeping the threat perception in mind”. He stated that “we have embraced a winter posture and implementation. But as I said, we look out and ever-ready to fulfill any challenges.”
CLICK ON THIS LINK TO READ MORE
( the heading, this story has not been released by Essential India News staff and is published from a syndicated feed.).