Fauci and a top Biden COVID-19 consultant make it clear that another US lockdown isn’t happening anytime soon
Automatically updates every 5 minutes.
0 Joe Biden
Donald Trump 0
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country’s leading infectious illness specialist, and Dr. Vivek Murthy, a co-chair of the President-elect Joe Biden’s COVID-19 Board of advisers, stated the US most likely will not go into a lockdown quickly.
- “[We’re] not gon na get a national lockdown, I think that’s really clear,” Fauci informed CNN’s “State of the Union” on Sunday.
- Speaking on Fox News Sunday, Murthy said a national lockdown would be “a procedure of last option.”
- The US has over 10 million validated cases of coronavirus, according to Johns Hopkins University. Several states across the country have revealed restrictions on celebration and travel.
- Visit Company Insider’s homepage for more stories
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s leading infectious disease expert, and Dr. Vivek Murthy, a co-chair of the President-elect Joe Biden’s COVID-19 Advisory board, stated that the United States most likely will not go into an across the country lockdown.
On Sunday, Fauci said on CNN’s “State of the Union” that while it is possible areas will have to get the “functional equivalent of a regional lockdown,” the United States would not go into an across the country lockdown.
“[We’re] not gon na get a national lockdown, I believe that’s extremely clear,” Fauci told host Jake Tapper.
— State of the Union (@CNNSotu) November 15, 2020
Murthy on Sunday stated a national lockdown would be “a measure of last resort,” adding that the “way we consider lockdowns” has changed given that early in the pandemic in the spring. Murthy, a top advisor on President-elect Biden’s coronavirus job force, said the United States must now think about constraints as “dial that we show up and down depending on seriousness.”
” The secret here,” Murthy informed Fox News host Chris Wallace, “is applying these limitations judiciously and specifically.”
His statements came after Michael Osterholm, a COVID-19 consultant for Biden, floated the idea of the US performing a nationwide lockdown for up to 6 weeks in an interview with Yahoo Finance. Nevertheless, Osterholm later clarified to ABC News that he had not discussed this idea with others which it was unlikely to gain support.
The United States has over 10 million confirmed cases of coronavirus and over 240,000 deaths from the illness, according to Johns Hopkins University. Numerous states across the nation consisting of California, New york city, and New Mexico, have revealed constraints on celebration and travel.
- Learn More:
- One of Biden’s top coronavirus consultants requires focused constraints based upon disease spread rather of an across the country lockdown
- A Biden COVID-19 consultant recommended a nationwide lockdown lasting approximately 6 weeks, but stated the concept was unlikely to gain support
- Fauci states it’s ‘apparent’ that it would be ‘better’ for public health if Trump assisted in a smooth shift to Biden
- Numerous states announced tightened up travel and gathering constraints ahead of Thanksgiving as US coronavirus cases rise
( the headline, this story has actually not been published by Important India News staff and is released from a syndicated feed.).