Deputy Commissioner P. Sunil Kumar has clarified that there was no earthquake either in Alamatti dam or throughout Vijayapura district.
The seismic information tape-recording centres in Alamatti dam or in Vijayapura did not tape any seismic data, the DC said in a release.
His statement was available in the wake of a rumour on social networks deals with of some individuals in the district and elsewhere.
Some individuals posted photos of the Alamatti dam and shared the message “earthquake at the Alamatti dam. This will cause widespread flooding in north Karnataka”. Mr. Kumar said there was no requirement for panic.
Sign Up For Early Morning Filter & Evening Wrap newsletter
- Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
- Comments that are violent, personal, incendiary or unimportant can not be released.
- Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters, or in all lower case letters, or using shortened text. (example: u can not substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
- We may remove links within remarks.
- Please utilize an authentic email ID and supply your name, to avoid rejection.
© THG PUBLISHING PVT LTD.