A man using a mask strolls previous mannequins in Mumbai. (Reuters)
Coronavirus LIVE Updates: With the most significant single-day jump of 97,894 new cases, India’s Covid-19 case tally crossed the 51- lakh mark on Thursday. The country tape-recorded 1,132 casualties in the last 24 hours. pressing the total deaths to 83,198
- News18 com
- Last Updated: September 17, 2020, 11: 32 AM IST
- FOLLOW United States ON:
Coronavirus LIVE Updates: With the greatest single-day jump of 97,894 brand-new cases, India’s Covid-19 case tally crossed the 51- lakh on Thursday. The overall cases stand at 51,18,254 consisting of 10,09,976 active cases. Delhi registered a record single-day spike of 4,473 COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, taking the city’s infection tally to over 2.3 lakh, while 33 more deaths were reported, authorities said.
◕ Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourist Prahlada Singh Patel stated today that he has tested favorable for Covid-19 “Last night my corona report came favorable, people who met me on Tuesday need to be cautious @PMOIndia @JPNadda @incredibleindia @MinOfCultureGoI @tourismgoi @ BJP4India @BJP4MP @bjp_damoh,” he tweeted.
◕ Today’s Data Highlights:
– Active cases in India cross the one million-mark and healings cross the 4 million. Healing rate is now at 78.6%
– Greatest single-day spike of 97.9 k brand-new cases
– India has actually now carried out more than 6 crore tests. 1.5 crore tests conducted in September at approximately 9.4 lakh everyday tests.
– Deaths per million population in India is now60 World average is 121 deaths/million population
– With 23.3 k brand-new cases Maharashtra’s overall cases cross 11 lakh (1121 lakh)
– Active cases in Karnataka cross 1 lakh
– Total cases in Haryana cross one lakh. Fifteen Indian states and UTs have reported more than 1 lakh total cases
– 11 Indian states/UTs have a recovery rate of more than 80%
– Overall international cases cross 30 million (3 crore). USA, India and Brazil represent 54.5% of the cases
◕ Odisha Govt Says No Restriction on Covid-19 Patients’ Movement to Bhubaneswar The Odisha federal government on Wednesday said that it has asked district authorities to reinforce COVID care facilities at the local level, however did not put any ban on the movement of patients to Bhubaneswar and Cuttack. The federal government’s explanation came in the wake of criticism from different quarters, including the opposition BJPand Congress, which said that patients ought to not be prevented from going to Bhubaneswar and Cuttack as the best of medical centers are available in the two cities.
◕ Abnormalities in Rates of Oxygen Cylinders Supplied to COVID-19 Medical Facilities in UP A team of the Health Department has found irregularities in rates of oxygen cylinders supplied by a firm to COVID-19 medical facilities in Uttar Pradesh’s Muzaffarnagar, an official said on Wednesday. According to drug inspector Luvkush Kumar, the firm is presumably supplying oxygen cylinders to the health centers at Rs 350 against the control rate of Rs 170, news agency PTI reported. A query into the matter is underway, he added.
◕ Twenty-six new Covid-19 cases have actually been reported in Mizoram till 7am today, taking the total tally to 1,506 up until now. The variety of active cases is 567 while 939 people have been released. No death reported in the state till date, the government of Mizoram stated.
26 brand-new #COVID19 cases reported in Mizoram till 7 am today, taking the total tally to 1,506 up until now. Variety of active cases is 567 while 939 individuals have been released. No death reported in the state till date: Federal government of Mizoram pic.twitter.com/h6Tp5rQ01 I
— ANI (@ANI) September 17, 2020
◕ Mexico City: 20,535 COVID-19 Deaths, 2 Times Official Toll