BJP Performs ‘Shahid Tarpan’ For Slain Party Activists,

    0
    4
    bjp-performs-‘shahid-tarpan’-for-slain-party-activists,
    BJP Performs 'Shahid Tarpan' For Slain Party Activists,

    The BJP performed ‘Shahid Tarpan’ for its slain activists at a ghat of the Ganga in the city on Wednesday, even as the Kolkata Authorities forced out scores of them setting off a political face-off in between the ruling TMC and the saffron party. The unfazed BJP workers altered the place from Baghbazar ghat in north Kolkata, the site of the Tarpan, to neighboring Golabari ghat and carried out the ritual on the eve of Mahalaya despite the city authorities’s efforts to prevent the holding of the program.

    • PTI
    • .

    • Last Updated: September 17, 2020, 2: 21 AM IST
    • FOLLOW US ON:

    Kolkata, Sep 16: The BJP carried out ‘Shahid Tarpan’ for its slain activists at a ghat of the Ganga in the city on Wednesday, even as the Kolkata Authorities kicked out scores of them setting off a political face-off in between the judgment TMC and the saffron celebration. The unfazed BJP employees changed the venue from Baghbazar ghat in north Kolkata, the website of the Tarpan, to close-by Golabari ghat and carried out the routine on the eve of Mahalaya regardless of the city authorities’s efforts to avoid the holding of the program.

    ‘ Tarpan’ is a Hindu routine in which water is used to the ancestors with prayers for peace to the left souls. “The BJP had not taken consent for the occasion. We decided to stop the programme and dismantled the phase,” a police official said.

    The city authorities put up barricades outside the Bagbazar Ghat to prevent BJP activists from entering the area.The BJP countered the charge stating it had actually sent out a mail to the Kolkata Cops on Tuesday night notifying it of the programme.

    The advancement activated a war of words in between the BJP and the TMC who accused each other of communalising the issue.BJP nationwide basic secretary Kailash Vijayvargiya, who was come by the cops from participating in the occasion, accused the TMC government in West Bengal of working just for the advantage of the 30 per cent minority population of the state, overlooking the 70 percent Hindus to “fend for themselves”.

    He alleged the state administration tries to develop barriers for any programme or ritual related to Hinduism.” The state federal government works just for the 30 percent population (minorities) of the state. The remaining 70 per cent (Hindu population) are delegated fend for themselves.

    ” Why is this federal government versus Hinduism and its rituals? The cops stopped our celebration workers from performing tarpan. Later on, we needed to arrange it elsewhere,” he said.Referring to the imposition of the state-wide lockdown on August 5, the day of bhoomi pujan at Ayodhya for the Ram temple, Vijayvargiya alleged the TMC federal government creates challenges for any program related to Hinduism.

    ” After we are voted to power in West Bengal next year, we will work for the whole population of the state and not simply for a particular community,” he told reporters after being avoided by the authorities from entering Bagbazar Ghat. Assembly election is due in West Bengal in April-May next year.

    Asked about the BJP not seeking prior permission, Vijayvargiya stated the celebration had actually sent a mail to the police last night.” Do we need approval to carry out ‘tarpan’ for our slain workers? It is a Hindu routine that is being carried out for ages. However still, we had actually sent an email to the authorities last night seeking permission for the programme,” he said.

    Responding to the claims, TMC secretary general Partha Chatterjee said the BJP is trying to communalise the problem. “Nobody was stopped from providing Tarpan. The cops had stopped the congregation of BJP workers due to the pandemic and they had actually not taken any approval.

    ” There is no limitation on performing Tarpan ritual.The BJP is spreading canards and attempting to communalize the issue which they are very good at,” Chatterjee stated.

    The BJP has been carrying out ‘mass tarpan’ given that 2019 for party employees eliminated in political violence in West Bengal in the last few years.J P Nadda, the then BJP nationwide working president, had performed ‘mass tarpan’ for killed celebration workers in September in 2015.

    Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any adjustments to the text and has not been evaluated by an editor

    Source

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here