Biden says ‘more individuals may pass away’ if Trump continues to delay the shift and there’s no coordination on COVID-19
- President-elect Joe Biden on Monday suggested there will be more avoidable COVID-19 deaths if the formal shift process does not start soon.
- Biden highlighted the requirement for coordination between his team and the Trump administration on COVID-19, particularly on a nationwide vaccination plan that aims to immunize all Americans only months into the Biden administration.
- ” More people might die, if we don’t coordinate,” Biden said.
- ” If we need to wait up until January 20 th to start that preparation, it puts us behind, over a month and a half,” Biden added.
- Check out Service Insider’s homepage for more stories
President-elect Joe Biden on Monday recommended there might be deadly repercussions if the Trump administration continues to postpone the shift process and there’s no coordination on how to handle the COVID-19 pandemic.
After Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris delivered remarks on the economy in Wilmington, Delaware, the president-elect was asked by a press reporter about President Donald Trump’s rejection to yield and the dangers of the administration holding up the transition.
” More individuals might pass away, if we don’t collaborate,” Biden stated in reply, stressing the need to interact on a plan to vaccinize 328 million Americans quickly versus COVID-19 “If we need to wait up until January 20 th to begin that planning, it puts us behind, over a month and a half,” Biden included.
COVID-19 has actually resulted in nearly 247,000 validated deaths in the United States up until now, per Johns Hopkins, more than any other country in the world.
— CSPAN (@cspan) November 16, 2020
As Trump continues to press baseless claims the election was taken from him due to mass citizen fraud, the official shift process has faced major barriers.
Emily Murphy, the Trump-appointed head of the Federal government Services Company (GSA), has not yet recognized Biden as the likely winner of the 2020 election. Under federal law, it’s Murphy’s job to formally release the shift procedure by releasing a letter of “ascertainment” on the election results.
By decreasing to state Biden as the evident winner of the 2020 election, Murphy has actually presented an obstruction in between the president-elect and federal resources meant to make the shift process much easier.
In 2016, for example, the GSA officially initiated the shift the day after media projections revealing Trump had won the presidential race.
Biden on Monday likewise said Trump’s refusal to yield is “awkward” for the United States.
” I discover this more awkward for the nation than debilitating for my capability to get going,” Biden stated
( the headline, this story has not been published by Essential India News staff and is published from a syndicated feed.).