Biden says he will not pursue a nationwide lockdown as part of COVID-19 response: ‘I am not gon na shut down the economy, duration’
- President-elect Joe Biden stated on Thursday that he will not pursue a national lockdown to combat the coronavirus.
- Formerly, Biden responded to theoretical questions on the concern by saying he would follow the guidance of medical experts.
- ” I am not gon na shut down the economy, duration,” Biden stated Thursday.
- ” I’m gon na close down the virus … No national shutdown.”
- Check out Service Insider’s homepage for more stories
President-elect Joe Biden committed to keeping the US economy open Thursday, clarifying his stance on a national lockdown.
” I am not gon na shut down the economy, period,” Biden stated at an interview. “I’m gon na close down the virus … No nationwide shutdown.”
— CBS News (@CBSNews) November 19, 2020
Formerly, Biden offered comparable responses to hypothetical concerns about a national shutdown, saying he would follow the suggestions of medical experts.
The concept of Biden closing down the economy was a repeated talking point from President Donald Trump’s campaign.
Biden kept in mind that he would pursue public health procedures to keep the economy running smoothly by keeping the virus under control.
At the start of his answer at journalism conference, Biden revealed some frustration at the perception that he favors a national lockdown.
” Everyone asks that question every time I stand here,” Biden said. “It was a hyopothetical question. The response was, I would follow the science.”
After Biden repeated he would not pursue a nationwide shutdown, he kept in mind “every region, every location, every community can be different.”
” Therefore there’s no scenario that I can see
( the heading, this story has actually not been published by Essential India News personnel and is published from a syndicated feed.).