Bengal BJP performs ‘shahid tarpan’ for killed party activists

    0
    4
    bengal-bjp-performs-‘shahid-tarpan’-for-killed-party-activists

    The Bengal unit of the Bharatiya Janata Celebration performed Shahid Tarpan for its killed activists at a ghat of the Ganga in the city on Wednesday, even as the Kolkata Police kicked out ratings of them setting off a political face-off in between the ruling TMC and the saffron celebration.

    The unfazed BJP workers changed the location from Baghbazar ghat in north Kolkata, the site of the Tarpan, to nearby Golabari ghat and performed the ritual on the eve of Mahalaya regardless of the city cops’s efforts to prevent the holding of the program.

    The Kolkata Police pointed out the prevailing COVID-19 scenario for its action and dismantled a stage put up for the Shahid Tarpan.

    The TMC and the BJP implicated each other of trying to obtain political mileage from a purely religious exercise and the concern grew out of control into a major political row.

    ‘ Tarpan’ is a Hindu routine in which water is offered to the forefathers with prayers for peace to the departed souls.

    ” The BJP had actually not taken authorization for the occasion. We chose to stop the program and took apart the phase,” a cops authorities stated.

    The city authorities set up barricades outside the Bagbazar Ghat to avoid BJP activists from getting in the area.

    The BJP countered the charge saying it had sent out a mail to the Kolkata Authorities on Tuesday night notifying it of the program.

    The development activated a war of words between the BJP and the TMC who implicated each other of communalising the problem.

    ‘ TMC govt creating obstacles for Hindu routines’

    BJP nationwide general secretary Kailash Vijayvargiya, who was come by the authorities from participating in the occasion, accused the TMC government in West Bengal of working just for the benefit of the 30 per cent minority population of the state, neglecting the 70 percent Hindus to “take care of themselves”.

    He alleged the state administration tries to create barriers for any program or ritual related to Hinduism.

    ” The state government works just for the 30 percent population (minorities) of the state. The remaining 70 per cent (Hindu population) are left to take care of themselves.

    ” Why is this government against Hinduism and its rituals? The cops stopped our celebration employees from performing tarpan. Later, we had to arrange it elsewhere,” he stated.

    Referring to the imposition of the state-wide lockdown on August 5, the day of bhoomi pujan at Ayodhya for the Ram temple, Mr. Vijayvargiya alleged the TMC government develops challenges for any programme related to Hinduism.

    ” After we are voted to power in West Bengal next year, we will work for the entire population of the state and not simply for a particular neighborhood,” he informed reporters after being prevented by the police from going into Bagbazar Ghat.

    Assembly election is due in West Bengal in April-May next year.

    Inquired About the BJP not seeking prior consent, Mr. Vijayvargiya stated the party had sent a mail to the police last night.

    ” Do we require permission to carry out ‘tarpan’ for our killed workers? It is a Hindu ritual that is being performed for ages. Still, we had actually sent an email to the cops last night seeking approval for the programme,” he stated.

    Responding to the allegation, TMC secretary general Partha Chatterjee said the BJP is trying to communalise the issue.

    ” No one was stopped from offering Tarpan. The police had actually stopped the parish of BJP employees due to the pandemic and they had actually not taken any permission.

    Source

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here