AMMK leader’s appeal to postal department
AMMK basic secretary T.T.V. Dhinakaran. File.
| Picture Credit:
The Amma Makkal Munnetra Kazhagam (AMMK) general secretary T.T.V. Dhinakaran on Thursday hired the postal department to include Tamil in the list of languages for holding entrance tests for recruitment.
In a couple of tweets, he described the exclusion of Tamil as unacceptable and recalled the debate over non-inclusion of the language in the past.
In another set of tweets, Mr. Dhinakaran deplored the reported words of Udhayanidhi Stalin, youth wing leader of the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK), on specific leaders including K. Kamaraj.
Subscribe to Morning Filter & Night Wrap newsletter
- Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
- Remarks that are violent, personal, incendiary or unimportant can not be published.
- Please compose complete sentences. Do not type remarks in all uppercase, or in all lower case letters, or utilizing shortened text. (example: u can not replacement for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
- We may remove links within comments.
- Please utilize a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.
variation|Jan 7, 2021 4: 38: 46 PM|https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/ammk-leaders-appeal-to-postal-department/article33520271 ece.
© THG PUBLISHING PVT LTD.
CLICK ON THIS LINK TO FIND OUT MORE
( the headline, this story has not been released by Essential India News staff and is released from a syndicated feed.).