A witness in Trump ally Sidney Powell’s claims says the voting results in ‘Edison County’ show fraud. No such place exists.
- A suit in Michigan pressed by allies of President Donald Trump are seeking to combat what voters decided and declare him the winner of the state’s electoral votes.
- To reinforce its case, it consists of an affidavit from Navid Keshavarz-Nia, a cybersecurity expert who alleges the election information shows widespread fraud (comprehensive research study and other specialists refute such claims).
- The affidavit says that President-elect Joe Biden won “more than 100% of the votes” in a county that doesn’t exist.
- Keshavarz-Nia also stated he hasn’t actually evaluated the ballot machines utilized in the 2020 election.
- See Organization Insider’s homepage for more stories
A witness in a suit from allies of President Donald Trump attempting to overturn democracy in Michigan stated that the vote count in Edison County “are cause for concern and indicate fraud” due to the fact that President-elect Joe Biden won “more than 100% of the votes.”
There’s simply one issue: There is no Edison County in Michigan, the Detroit Free Press mentioned.
In fact, there is no Edison County in the entire United States of America.
The claim comes from Navid Keshavarz-Nia, who explains himself in the affidavit as a cybersecurity professional operating at a defense specialist and has actually received training from several government companies. The affidavit is consisted of as an exhibition appended to a suit filed last week by individuals working with Sidney Powell, a former member of the Trump campaign’s legal group.
Keshavarz-Nia’s nonsensical claim about Edison County drew extensive attention with a tweet from Jonathan Oosting, a reporter at the not-for-profit wire service Bridge Michigan.
— Jonathan Oosting (@jonathanoosting) November 30, 2020
The typo-peppered suit makes many of the very same wildly conspiratorial arguments Powell made at an interview that caused her ouster from Trump’s legal team: That the now-dead Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez utilized voting machines to manipulate election outcomes in his own nation, and the extremely same makers are now being used to control 2020 election results. There’s no evidence of the claim, and the business named in Powell’s claims have actually unmasked the arguments made in her lawsuits.
The witness says he hasn’t really took a look at the ballot makers
In the affidavit, Keshavarz-Nia sais he has not evaluated any of the ballot machines used in the 2020 election but argued there’s “evidence of scams” based on his analysis of election information.
Much of that information is just false or based upon a misunderstanding of how election data is reported.
It’s not clear if Keshavarz-Nia had another county in mind when describing a vote count of more than 100% in “Edison County,” however some internet sleuths have actually made claims about more than 100% of specific counties voting by depending on out-of-date citizen record information or just using the wrong datasets, USA Today and Reuters have actually reported.
In another part of the affidavit, Keshavarz-Nia composes that President Donald Trump’s lead in Pennsylvania dropped at a rate much faster than votes can be counted. However the votes were just reported by precincts in the timespan he indicates, not really counted at that time
Despite the fact that Keshavarz-Nia affirmed to not evaluating the makers used in the 2020 election, Powell’s lawsuit mentions his affidavit to argue that “hundreds of thousands of votes that were cast for President Trump in the 2020 basic election were moved to previous Vice-President Biden”– which is not real.
The suit eventually asks a federal judge to require Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer to neglect voters and “send licensed election results that state that President Donald Trump is the winner of the election.”
Michigan has already licensed its election results, giving its 16 electoral votes to Biden. The Trump project itself withdrew a federal lawsuit trying to challenge the state’s election results, and 3 other lawsuits filed by Republican-aligned groups stopped working, with the judges supervising the cases discovering no evidence of scams.
Keshavarz-Nia couldn’t be grabbed comment, and Powell did not right away respond to Insider’s demand for remark.
- Learn More:
- Meet Sidney Powell, the previous federal prosecutor turned conspiracy theorist who’s fueling unwarranted claims about election fraud
- Rule Ballot Systems tore into Sidney Powell’s claim implicating it of a large conspiracy, calling it ‘unwarranted, ridiculous, physically impossible’
- Trump axed campaign lawyer Sidney Powell because ‘she was too conspiratorial even for him,’ report says
- Trump and his allies have actually won zero out at least 26 claims they have actually filed since Election Day
( the headline, this story has not been published by Important India News staff and is released from a syndicated feed.).